This is an example of a page. Unlike posts, which are displayed on your blog’s front page in the order they’re published, pages are better suited for more timeless content that you want to be easily accessible, like your About or Contact information. Click the Edit li
I’m back under sunny California skies this week, and I must say… the dry air is lovely and the burgers are fantastic! Also my hair is instantly flat, which kinda feels weird now.
I plan on living it up while in Cali. Actually, I’m always trying to live it up.
This week I’m going to visit my favorite Los Angeles spots.
I’m going to eat as much In n Out as I can. In six days I think I can make it there three times. That shouldn’t be too out of line.
Then definitely a trip to Soul Cycle. And a nap.
I can fall right back into a Los Angeles routine. If you’re ever visiting, I wrote all about some of the best spots around town here: I Love You, Los Angeles. It’s true. I really do love it!
In other news, it’s Wednesday. Another day in a regular ol’ life. Right? Here’s what is in my brain and on the Internet:
• Oh Joy and Love, Taza have created a new app! It’s called Pippit! It’s pretty rad! It’s Instagram meets blog feeds meets shopping. I can only imagine how much work and collaboration it took to put together! Check it out. I’m joythebaker (duh) if you want in on my action.
• Exciting news! I designed three sets of awesome, summer-inspired nail wraps with Scratch Nail Wraps and you can order a box now through their monthly manicure subscription! The box comes with the three sets of nail wraps from Joy the Baker, a bonus nail polish, and cocktail recipe card and a cute little bonus gift too! I’ll give more peeks inside the box soon, but the nails above are part of the collection!
• There are a few things I simply can’t buy at the grocery store because I’ll eat the entire bag in one sitting, without fail, because I have noooo will power! Those pink and white frosted animal crackers!? Don’t even look at me! They’re my favorite thing in the world and I absolutely can’t buy them. I’d now like to introduce you to Pink Frosted Animal Cracker shower wash!? So… would smelling like the cookies be heaven or torture? And what are the chances I chug the bottle?
• Matias Antuiga celebrated his 40th birthday by running 40 marathons in 40 days. I swear… I run a mile and I’VE HAD IT! Can we talk about Pink Frosted Animal Crackers again?
• Why You Hate Work. Thank you New York Times. The part about answering emails until you fall asleep was all too real. Also… I don’t hate work, it’s just the emails that are such a beast.
• Everyone is getting married and wearing flower crowns and all I want to do is eat this Mostly Veggie Baked Macaroni forever and ever.
If you need me today I’ll be dreaming up Strawberry Filled Doughnuts for us to make next week. Also, I love you. Happy Wednesday!
I’ve been traveling a lot this week and I’m pretty sure I know which way is up, but also… maybe not so much. I was in New York City walking the streets with copies of Homemade Decadenceand little bags of chocolate chip cookies trying to entice just about every magazine editor in the city. This weekend I’m in Aspen at the Food and Wine Festival drinking as much wine and taking as many pictures as possible. I’m bound to have a few celebrity chef star-struck moments. I think Tyler Florence is going to be at the festival, and if you listen to the Joy the Baker Podcast, you know I must find my way to him.
All good things. Blessings, really. Aaaand I’m going to need some introvert time for the rest of the summer. I can only pretend not to be the shy person I really am in quick bursts.
I hope you’ve had a great week and I hope you’re looking forward to a perfect summer weekend. Let there be sangria and sunscreen. Pie too!
Here are a few things on my mind and on the Internet:
• I’m working on making new friends in New Orleans. It’s been really wonderful to have new faces and perspectives come into my life. It’s really inspiring. This month I hosted a dinner Anna Watson Carl of The Yellow Table. She’s traveling around the country gathering strangers and friends around dinner tables to promote her new cookbook! It seemed like the perfect fit for my friend-making endeavors. We filled my humble dinner table with new friends and beautiful food. I’ll share the Strawberry Raspberry Crostata I made for the party next week!
• If you need a berry dessert for the weekend, because heck yes you do… right!? Peach and Raspberry Crumble is supreme.
• I’m super smitten with these Toucan stud earrings! This season’s pineapple / tropical trend continues.
• I talked about facing fears and slowing down on The Jess Lively Podcast . She has a great show! Check it out!
• This Boozey Bourbon Milk Tea with Bourbon Soaked Boba sounds soooooo very good!!
• My friend Kristin told me about an awesome website about New Orleans! It’s called Invade (goinvade.com). It’s a locals look into where to go, what to do, who to know, and what music to listen to. If you plan on visiting New Orleans definitely check this site!
• I really want to make Fresh Spring Rolls this summer. I also want to make fresh Jelly Doughnuts. Actually… maybe I just want to eat Spring Rolls and Jelly Doughnuts. Sometimes it’s hard to tell if I really want to make something or if I just want to gobble it up.
Have a lovely weekend! If you’re interested in following my Aspen Food and Wine adventures, find me on Instagram @joythebaker. If not, I’ll be back in my kitchen next week taking pictures of food and my cat. You know…